Wednesday 25 June 2008

Remy Ma - Remy Mas Victim Speaks Out

The woman shot by rapper REMY MA has confessed she might not be able to have children of her own following the 2007 incident.

The 26-year-old hip-hop star - real name Reminisce Smith - was convicted in March (08) of assault, weapons possession and attempted coercion for shooting Makeda Barnes-Joseph in the abdomen.

The 24-year-old victim admits she still cries every time she sees her gunshot wounds - and fears she will never become a mother.

She says, "This thing makes me cry every time I talk about it. I have these ugly scars. My stomach is crazy."

And Barnes-Joseph doesn't believe Smith's eight-year sentence is adequate.

She adds, "She's got a kid. She'll come out in eight years and see her kid. I might not be able to have kids."

However, Smith has questioned Barnes-Joseph's version of events.

She says, "(She's) bending the truth. She's stretching it to make it seem like she did nothing wrong. I don't got to shoot no girls."

And Smith claims she was offered a plea deal that carried a three-year sentence, but turned it down because she believed she would be acquitted.

She adds, "You think I would jeopardise being away from my child for five to 25 years if I even had an inkling that I was guilty of something?"




See Also